Once you start using this product, you will sign this agreement with Anzene Pte Ltd.
Who are we?
We are Anzene Pte Ltd, the creator of the Ada – Anzene Digital Assistant extension. You can contact us by email at [email protected].
We are registered with the ACRA number 201916070C.
What type of information do we collect:
We may store images generated voluntarily by users during use. The following images are stored anonymously:
- Images generated by customized website icon
- Images generated by customized search engine
If you register or login to your account, we need to store the following identifiable data (hereinafter referred to as user data) on our server to complete data backup and synchronization:
- Your registered email address, uploaded profile picture, chosen nickname, non-plain text password, and other information
- If you log in with a third-party account, we will store your nickname, gender, profile picture, and other information provided by the third party
- Website icon information and search engine information you added
- Your current wallpaper, wallpaper settings, images uploaded to your local wallpaper, and images uploaded to your local wallpaper library
- Extension settings
– Server log:
- The server may store logs generated during interactions with users and clients. This record is mainly used to troubleshoot exception errors. We will clear this log from time to time.
- We will anonymously count the number of times some search engines are used.
The following information will be collected anonymously through Google Analytics to help us better improve our products:
- Browser type, language, and version, and screen resolution
- IP address and geographical location derived from IP address
- Website icons and search engines added
- Extension settings
- Open the address host of the web site
- Current search engine host
- Is currently logged in or not
- Approximate number of current icons
- Number of times this extension has been opened
- Extension version
- Frequency of clicking on function buttons
- Exception error message
Use and management of information:
We will use modern security measures to transmit and store the collected information.
The information we collect will only be stored on our own servers. Unless with your permission, we will not share, provide, or transfer your user data to third parties.
This product provides the function of deleting an account. Your user data will be deleted from our server when the account is deleted.
For the collected information, we will use it for statistical analysis, identifying and repairing product problems, and optimizing and improving product functions.
Search advertising revenue
Using some of the search engines we provide by default may generate advertising revenue, including: Baidu, Yandex.
Icon click CPS advertisement
Some of the default icons we provide may generate advertising revenue after clicking to jump, including: Amazon, Ebay, Booking, Aliexpress, Taobao, JD.COM, Ctrip.
You accept these terms
Using this product means that you accept this agreement. If you do not agree to this agreement, please do not continue to use.
If you continue to use this product after we update this agreement, it will be deemed that you accept these changes and agree to the changed agreement.
Where is my data stored?
Anzene’s servers are based in the Singapore and that’s where we store your data. The advertisers we work with are based both within and outside of the Singapore and the US.
How long do you keep my data for?
We will only keep your data for as long as we need to. If you have not used your account for more than 3 years, then we will send you an email to warn you your account will be closed in 90 days unless you log in. If you don’t log in within those 90 days, we will automatically close your account and permanently delete your data.
You can close your account and delete your data at any time, and the easiest way for you to do this is by following these instructions.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have a suite of rights and protections under data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party
- object to how we are using your personal data
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
Please keep in mind that privacy law can get complicated quickly, and these rights will not be available to you all of the time.